In this article, we will take a look at how 99minds can integrate with external webhooks. As explained in this article, you may want to execute an action outside the scope of the 99minds API. You can create a rule and an action that will send real-time information to an external application called a Webhook. The request is sent in the form of a HTTP request (GET, POST, PUT, ...).
To create the new Webhook in 99minds app, navigate to the top right corner of the screen and select Manage. Select the Webhooks tab. Click here to read about the Data Settings in detail.
Adding a New Webhook
Once you have the URL, the next step is to add a new Webhook in the 99minds app. Follow the steps as explained below to create a new webhook that will send HTTP requests to this URL.
- Click the Webhooks tab. Click + New Webhook.
- Enter the following details in the fields -
- Program Name - Select the program name for which you want to use the Webhook. Let's say, Sonata Footwear
- Title - Enter the title of the Webhook
- Parameters - Add the parameters that will be used with the Webhook. In our example, we will send a text. The Parameter Title (text) will be "EmailText". The Parameter Type will be the type of input (String).
- Request - Type of request (GET, PUT, POST, PATCH, DELETE). In our case, it will be a POST request that will be triggered to the RequestBin URL.
- Request URL - The request URL
- Headers - You can add an additional header to the request such as Content-Type: application/json
- Payload - Payload is nothing but additional information that is sent along with the request. In our example, we will send the customer name and the text as inputs to the URL. The payload should be entered in the following format -
- Click Save to save the webhook details