The Notifications feature of 99minds helps merchants to trigger promotional email notifications to customers. Promotional emails help to grab the attention of customers and tempt them to buy the products. There are different types of promotional emails such as Welcome emails, rewards notifications and reminders, and re-engagement emails.
99minds has inbuilt notifications capability with pre-defined email notification templates. There are six default email templates that are readily available and can be used by merchants to send to customers. The different templates are -
- Wishing customer Happy Birthday
- Rewarding loyalty points (earn) to customers
- Rewarding loyalty points (burn) to customers
- New coupon code based on a shopping activity
- New friend referral
- Reminder of an expiring reward
Creating New Email Campaigns
In addition to the pre-built notification templates, merchants can build customized email templates based on their promotional requirements. For example, if the merchant wants to run a "One Day Free Shipping" email campaign, they can create a new email template and use it as part of their campaign actions to trigger to customers. In this section, we will take a look at the steps to create a new email campaign.
- Log in to the 99minds app
- Click Notifications on the top menu
- Click + New Campaign to create a new email campaign
- You can choose a template for your email campaign from the list of pre-defined templates. This will help you save time in building the template. For example, let's select the "Reward Expiry Reminder" template to create our One Day Free Shipping email campaign.
- In the next screen, you will see three buttons - Preview, Save Changes, and Exit
- Preview - Click the Preview button to take a preview look at the template design. You can also make changes according to your campaign requirements. You will also see a preview mode for both desktop and mobile device. In addition, you can perform specific actions on the email template such as Send Test Mail and Save as Template.
- Save Changes - Click the Save Changes button to save any changes that you made in the preview section. This will save the current working email template to the list of pre-defined template list on the Notifications screen.
- Exit - To leave the New Campaign Builder screen to the list of notifications
When customizing the campaign email template, merchants can take advantage of the pre-defined merge tags that are available in the editor. Merge tags are useful to make the email look more customized when the user reads the mail. For instance, you can customize the Customer Name using a merge tag. When the user reads the email, the email will look more of targeted directly to him rather than any other spam promotion email on his mailbox.
The available merge tags that can be used are -
- Coupon Code
- Coupon Value
- Loyalty Points
- Refer User
- Refer By
- Company Name
- Condition Name
For example, to customize the first name, the user can enter the email text and then add the merge tag for customer name (i.e.) %recipient.name%.
Edit Email Campaigns
To edit an existing email campaign notification template, click the Edit icon (small pencil icon) next to the template name. This will open the template editor where you can make the changes to the template. The rest of the process remains the same as explained above in the Create New Email Campaign.
Delete Email Campaigns
To delete an email campaign, click the delete icon (trash icon). In the confirmation message that appears, click OK to confirm your acceptance to delete the campaign.