In the gift card business, organizations traditionally set up different business units for different brands of the company. The purpose of creating a Business Unit in the 99minds gift card platform is to enable selling gift cards from the stores. The Business Unit is the top most level in the hierarchy of setting up this process.
NOTE: If you plan to distribute gift cards to your users, there is no need to create a Business Unit. You only need to create a Campaign to be able to send gift cards to your users.
Follow the steps outlined below to create a business unit in 99minds gift card platform -
- Log in to the gift card application
- Under the Configure section on the left menu, click Business Units
- If there are no records in the Business Units List, you will see the message as "No data available in the table". To add a new business unit, click + Add Business Unit.
- In the Add Business Unit screen, enter the following details. All the fields except the active checkbox are mandatory.
- Business Unit Name - Enter a unique name for the business unit
- Active - Select the checkbox to set the business unit to active state. Leave the checkbox as is (unchecked) to set the business unit status to deactivated state.
- Country - Select the country of operation from the drop down
- Vendor or Brand - Select the vendor or brand from the drop down
If you want to allocate the gift card to your own store, you must select Brand from the drop down while creating a business unit. If you want to create gift cards that you want to distribute at other partner' vendor store, you must select Vendor from the drop down.
- Company In-charge - Enter the name of the company in-charge person
- Contact Person - Enter the name of the contact person
- Click Save to save the business unit information. Click Back to navigate back to the list of business units.
Update Existing Business Unit Details
If you want to update your existing business unit details, navigate to the Business Units section. Click Edit against the business unit (that you want to modify) from the list. In the Update Business Unit screen, make the changes and click Submit to save the details.