Vendors are third-party providers in the supply chain who makes goods and services available to companies or consumers. In terms of gift card management, a vendor can be a -
- Retail store who wants to resell a particular brand's gift card
- Marketing company who wants to purchase gift cards for marketing purposes
- Corporate (company) who wants to purchase gift cards for internal purposes such as offering employee benefits, rewards and recognition, etc.,
Follow the steps outlined below to create a vendor in 99minds gift card platform -
- Log in to the gift card application
- Under the Configure section on the left menu, click Vendors
- If there are no records in the Vendors List, you will see the message as "No data available in the table". To add a new vendor, click + Add Vendors.
- In the Add Vendor screen, enter the following details. The vendor name, Country and Vendor ID are the mandatory fields.
- Vendor Name - Enter a unique name for the vendor
- Active - Select the checkbox to set the vendor to active state. Leave the checkbox as is (unchecked) to set the vendor status to deactivated state.
- Country - Select the country of operation from the drop down
- Vendor Id - Assign the store a unique vendor id
- External Vendor - Select the checkbox if the vendor is an external vendor
- Has Physical Stores - Select the checkbox if the vendor has a physical store. Leave the checkbox as is (unchecked) if the vendor has only a virtual store (no physical store).
- Allow API Access - Select the checkbox if the vendor should be granted with API access
- Assign Limits - Vendors can be assigned with certain limits when it comes to creating gift cards within a specific period such as -
- Duration Days - The period of days during which vendor can create new gift cards
- Maximum Quantity - The maximum number of gift cards that the vendor can create during the specific duration
- Maximum Volume - The total value of gift cards that the vendor can create during the specific duration
For example, if the assign limits values are set to '30', '500' and '1000', it means that for a period of 30 days, the vendor can create a maximum of 500 gift cards worth a maximum total amount of 10000.
- Click Create to save the vendor information. Click Back to navigate back to the vendors list.
View/Update Existing Vendor Details
If you want to view your existing vendor details, navigate to the Vendors section. Click the vendor that you want to view/edit. You will see the Overview tab with the details of the store such as Vendor Name, Vendor Id, Reference Number, Country, Active Status, External vendor, Has Physical Stores, Assign Limits and Allow API Access. On the top, you will also see different tabs such as Campaigns, Giftcards and Limits that will display the relevant information.
To edit the details, click Edit on the top right of the screen. In the Update Vendor screen, make the changes and click Submit to save the details.