The area is nothing but the list of places (regions) where the client has their business activity. The area can either be a specific region, city, state or the country and it depends upon the reach of the vendor or the client's product(s). In simple terms, an area can be the company's own store/outlet or a third-party vendor's operations in that region.
Follow the steps outlined below to create an area in 99minds gift card platform -
- Log in to the gift card application
- Under the Configure section, click Areas on the left menu
- If there are no records in the Area List, you will see the message as "No data available in the table". To add a new area, click + Add Area.
- In the Add Area screen, enter the following details. All the fields except the active checkbox are mandatory.
- Area Name - Enter a unique name for the area
- Active - Select the checkbox to set the area to active state. Leave the checkbox as is (unchecked) to set the area status to deactivated state.
- Area Id - Assign the area a unique area id
- Business Unit - Select the business unit from the drop down
IMPORTANT: You must have a Business Unit created in the application before creating an area. Click the link to read the documentation to create a business unit in 99minds gift card platform.
- Click Create to save the area information. Click Back to navigate back to the area list.
View/Update Existing Area Details
If you want to view your existing area details, navigate to the Areas section. Click the area that you want to view/edit. You will see the Overview tab with the details of the area such as Area Name, Area ID, Active, Business Unit, Belongs To and Reference No. On the top, you will also see different tabs such as Stores, Point of Sales, Gift Cards that will display the relevant information.
To edit the details, click Edit on the top right of the screen. In the Edit Area screen, make the changes and click Submit to save the details.