Point of sale is where the gift card transactions gets completed. This is the point where the customer makes the payment to the merchant in exchange for goods or services. Once the payment is successful, the point of sale will generate an invoice for the payment transaction and either deliver it in the form of a print out or share it electronically with the customer.
In most cases, the Store is where the sale happens; therefore, you can create a Point of Sale for the store in a particular area. Setting up a point of sale terminal in the store helps to track the gift card as it gets dispensed at the store and also to track store specific gift card that is sold from a particular terminal.
Follow the steps outlined below to create a point of sale in 99minds gift card platform -
- Log in to the gift card application
- Under the Configure section on the left menu, click Point of Sale
- If there are no records in the Point of Sales List, you will see the message as "No data available in the table". To add a new point of sale, click + Add Point of Sale.
- In the Add Point of Sale screen, enter the following details. All the fields except the active checkbox are mandatory.
- POS Name - Enter a unique name for the point of sale
- Store - Select the store from the drop down
- POS Id - Assign the point of sale a unique point of sale id
- Active - Select the checkbox to set the point of sale to active state. Leave the checkbox as is (unchecked) to set the point of sale status to deactivated state.
IMPORTANT: You must have a Business Unit created in the application before creating an area. Click the link to read the documentation to create a business unit in 99minds gift card platform.
- Click Create to save the point of sale information. Click Back to navigate back to the Point of Sales list.
View/Update Existing Point of Sale Details
If you want to view your existing point of sale details, navigate to the Point of Sales section. Click the point of sale that you want to view/edit. You will see the Overview tab with the details of the point of sale such as POS Name, POS ID, Active, Store, Belongs To and Reference No. On the top, you will also see different tabs such as Gift Cards that will display the relevant information.
To edit the details, click Edit on the top right of the screen. In the Update Point of Sale screen, make the changes and click Submit to save the details.