Once the gift cards are created in the campaign, these gift cards can be distributed to users. Users are none other than people who contribute to the organization or the vendor's business. The "user" can be an organization employee, workers, partners, stakeholders, etc. who will be given a remuneration for the services provided by them. The client (organization) can give them gift cards either as a payment for the services offered or as a friendly gesture for any special occasion. This is where the Send Gift Cards feature of 99minds giftcard platform can be used. The client can also send gift cards to people outside the organization. For instance, when the organization's vendor wants to distribute gift cards to their associates - in this case, the client can add users and send them the gift cards.
The gift cards are only triggered from the available list of brands. If the organization wants to send gift cards to their own employees, they must select their own brand and own vendor in respective prompted fields. In order to send gift cards to the vendor's associate users, the organization should select the vendor and their respective brand in the prompted fields.
The send gift card process consists of four steps -
- Select the Brand
- Select the Users
- Select the Card Value
Sending gift card to a user
To send a gift card to a user, follow the below steps -
- Log in to the 99minds gift card platform
- In the left menu, under Manage, select Send Gift Card
- In the first step, select the brand. If there is no brand created in the platform, you will see a notification message as "No brands available". Select your own brand if you want to send the gift card to your users. Select the Vendor's brand if you want to send gift cards to their associates.
- Clicking on the brand will take you to the next step - selecting the users. In this step, you can enter the user name in the text box. For example, let's say we want to send a gift card to a user by name James Horton who is an associate at GiftCardMart vendor that has a brand as YourDrez. Click Next to navigate to the Select Card Value section. Click Prev to navigate to the Select Brand section.
- In the Select Card Value tab, select the vendor from the drop down. Next, select the delivery mode. You can either choose DIGITAL or PHYSICAL. If you select DIGITAL, you must select the Campaign to which the gift card belongs. If you select PHYSICAL, you must enter the gift card number. For our example, we will select the vendor as GiftCardMart, select the delivery mode as DIGITAL and select the campaign.
NOTE: To be able to select the campaign in the drop down, you must first create a campaign and allocate the campaign to the vendor/store. Follow the links to refer the documentation on creating a campaign and digital dynamic allocation of the campaign to the vendor/store.
- In the Summary tab, you will see a detailed summary of the gift card that is being sent to the user. If you are satisfied with the details, click Send to send the gift card to the user. If there are no errors, the gift card will be sent and you will see a confirmation message as "Gift card sent successfully!". To make any changes, click the Prev button to go back to the previous tabs.
- The user will receive an email with the gift card details as shown below -
Viewing the Gift Card Transactions History
The history tab provides information about the gift card transactions. You can see the personal details such as email, phone number of the user to whom the gift card has been sent, the brand, amount, gift card number, status under the transactions section. The gift card will automatically be in the ACTIVATED state when it is sent to the user. You can also search the customer or gift card number by entering the search text underneath every column.