99minds gift card application allows organizations to connect different third party applications or services with the gift card platform. To set up this connection, users must generate a set of client credentials in order to authenticate the application and user, and authorize the access. You can create multiple API Keys as per your business requirement. If you have multiple integrations or if your business accesses multiple services, you can create separate API keys to better organize your application integrations.
The API section allows users to create different types of client credentials in the form of API access keys. To create a new API key,
- Log in to the 99minds gift card platform
- Navigate to Settings > API from the left menu
- In the Applications screen, if there is no data, you will see the message as "No data available in table". To add a new application, click + Add New Application.
- In the New Application screen, enter the following details. All the fields except the store selection are mandatory.
- Name - Enter a unique name for the application
- Vendor / Store - Select the vendor and/or store from the drop down
NOTE: API keys can be created at either Vendor level or each physical store for a vendor/brand. Therefore, it is important to select either a vendor or store while creating the application.
- Scopes - Select the scope of access to be given for the application. This will define the level of access and capability of the application when integrating with 99minds gift card platform. Select SUPER if you want to provide access to all the scopes for the application.
- Click Create to add the new application. The application will be added to the list of applications.
- Click the application from the list of applications. This will open the application detail screen. The application detail screen will display the application name, key id, key secret, vendor, store, selected scopes. You can activate or deactivate the application using the toggle button. Click Back to navigate back to the applications screen.
You can copy the Key ID and Key Secret and add it in the application that wants to access the gift card platform. For example, when integrating BigCommerce with 99minds gift card platform, you will be required to copy the key id and paste it in the Web Pages screen. This will allow you to connect your eCommerce store with 99minds gift card platform.