99minds app allows users to create rules and actions specific to a particular location. Users can create a special offer that is valid for a whole region, a particular city or selected physical locations and landmarks. For example, a pizza outlet wants to customize its offer for customers around the Minneapolis Downtown Stadium on the day of a very important game, this is possible through the Locations functionality.
Creating a New Location
To create a new location, navigate to the Data Settings page. To access the data settings, select "Manage" under your profile name on the top right corner of the 99minds app.
To add a new location in the 99minds app, click the Locations item from the left sub menu. Click +New Location to add a new location.
- You can start off by searching for the location by entering the location name in the Search field. For example, you want to create a location for Downtown Los Angeles area, type "Downtown Los Angeles" in the Search field. Pick up the location from the search results.
- On the top of the map, you will see two small buttons - a hand icon to stop drawing and a shape icon to draw a shape (fence). Click the shape icon and click on the map to place your first location point.
- Keep clicking more points to outline the area of your location. It's fine if you do not get the exact range as we can adjust the area after defining the points.
- To close the shape and define the location, make sure to close the fence by clicking back on the first point. This will create a fence area in the shape of a polygon.
- You can now customize the fence area by dragging the points in the required direction. If you want to move the area completely, you can click on the polygon and drag it to a new area.
- If you want to remove the polygon and start fresh, click on the polygon and select Remove Polygon.
- Once you are done with drawing the location, provide a name for the location. Example - Downtown Los Angeles. You can also provide an optional description for the location.
- Click Save to save the location
Managing a Location
You can edit the pre-defined locations or the locations that you created using the New Location option. For example, let's edit the location we created in the previous section. In the Locations list, click Edit to edit the location information. You can edit the location information (such as Location Name, Description) as well as modify the points in the map.
The search functionality can be used to search for a location based on the location name or reference number.